Launch your tour in the Tour Buddy Historic Tours App
The Tour Buddy Historic Tours App gives organizations an easy cost effective way to digitize their tours into a mobile app tour. Historical societies, towns and local experts have created various tours available in the Tour Buddy Historic Tours App. Historic locations such as downtown Sacramento, California, Concord, Massachusetts and Alexandria, Virginia are featured in the app.
How the Tour Buddy Historic Tours App works:
- See how the App Builder Works and sign up for the 30 day free trial.
- Upload your tour content including images, text, audio, GPS points and urls.
- Preview your tour on your iOS or Android device.
- Contact Tour Buddy to launch your guide in the Tour Buddy Historic Tours App.
Launching your tour:
- Users download the Tour Buddy Historic Tours App on the App Store or Google Play.
- The guides will sort by distance away from the user. The tour that is closest to the user will be first and then be sorted by distance away.
- Users can download and use your tour immediately after it is launched.
Using the Tour Buddy Historic Tours App
When a user first downloads the app, it will ask to track their location. The tours will then filter to show the user the tour closest to where they are located. All the tours have the capability of offline audio, images, video, text, clickable links and social sharing. The user can also choose to turn ‘ON’ the GPS Auto Play for a hands free audio tour experience.
Any changes made to the tour on the App Builder Website are automatic. Users will be promtped to “refresh” the guide content after the tour on the App Builder Website is updated.