How to Present your Mobile App
We work with clients daily to help them understand how their organization can benefit from offering a mobile app. Many times, the individuals who we work with must present the possibility of a mobile app to their organization before any decisions are made. See our step by step instructions to presenting a mobile app to a large group.
How to create your presentation.
Take a Video
There are several ways to capture a video of your app in action.
- For iOS devices. iOS has a built in screen recorder (which we think it super easy and we use it ALL the time). Here are the steps to adding the screen recorder to your control panel and how to take a video on your iOS device>>
- For Android devices. You can download one of the many screen recording apps to your Android device and then take your video. We suggest the AZ Screen Recorder. Check out the AZ Screen Recorder App for Android>>
- Use Reflector. Reflector is a program that you download to your computer (MAC or PC) and you connect your phone through airplay or google cast and reflector will record your video directly onto your computer. It’s not free ($14.99 at time of publishing) but you can use reflector live in your presentation if you don’t want to show a video. Check it out>>
Take a Screenshot
Screenshots are snapshots of what is on your phone’s screen.
- See how to take a screenshot on iOS.
- Learn how to do markup on your screenshot. This is a great way to highlight features that are important to your organization.
- See how to take a screenshot on Android. You may need to google this for your particular Android.Transfer your video/screenshots to your computer
Upload your video/screenshot to your computer
- If you created the video on your phone, now you have to transfer the file to your computer so that you can display it. You can use Dropbox, Google Drive or even through e-mail to upload your file to your computer.
Display your video/screenshots
Now that you have your file on your computer, you will need to display your computer screen.
- Connect with an HDMI cable. Here are step by step instructions>>
- Connect wirelessly:
What else do we suggest?
- Impact. Talk about how the app will help offer self guided tours, provide valuable information to more guests, digitize content and help with wayfinding (just to name a few)
- Stability. We have been in the mobile app space for 8 years with over 100 apps on the App Store and Google Play. We can offer a long term solution.
- Easy to manage. Changes are automatic and updating the app is as easy as using e-mail. No developers to contact or code needed to maintain and change your app.